Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Dead nuts

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dead nuts

My friend Nate and his subordinate Liz(ard) bought a house this summer. It's pretty ugly, but so are they, so it's a good fit for them. They put a list on their fridge of things they needed to do around the place such as, paint doors, clean carpet, replace garage lights, punch angry holes in walls, etc. I thought it was a great idea. I decided to do the same thing. This way, when I go to get a beer from the fridge, or Michelle goes to get some Bon bons while I'm at work, we see the list and do something about it. (Like pretend to not see it.)

The list is pretty long, some things on it are:
- hang and paint new interior doors,
- install new bathroom floor downstairs,
- buy new towel warmer for the pool house,
- punch angry holes in the walls,
- and so on.

So I've been getting a lot of stuff done around the place. I got the interior doors up except for the few I have to order because they are odd sizes. Not one door jamb was square in the house. The more work I do around the house, the more I realize monkeys must have built it (or drunken carpenters..."Why do birds suddenly appear...")

I've got most of the shed done, (in fact, earlier today, I was outside in the rain banging up trim work), pulled out some bushes, bought lots of things like the bathroom tiles and new front door, and I even put up three of the new exterior lights.

Here's how the new interior doors look:
I made each door by hand...

That's the door to the basement. The other day, I went to replace the cable spliter in the basement with one that works with high frequencies. I opened the new door and saw this:
How to fix squeaky stairs.

You can't really see it, but the piece of paper says, "How to fix squeaky stairs."

Michelle hung it there. She seems to think it bugs Logan when we go up and down the stairs when he's sleeping. Of course, when he's a teenager, she's going to want me to make the stairs squeaky again so she wakes up when he gets home. The funniest thing is that I asked Logan about it, and I don't think he really cares. Oh well. I told him, "When Mommmy's happy, we're happy."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home