Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Soda Pop

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Soda Pop

I've been drinking a lot of Diet Mt. Dew lately. Once, in college, I bought diet by accident, and I started drinking it in the car. I couldn't figure out why it tasted so nasty until I looked at the label and realized it was diet. Then I got fat and weaned myself off of regular soda. Now I think the regular stuff is too syrupy for me. But I digress...
So, Pepsi has this promotion going on with iTunes. Every third bottle cap for certain Pepsi sodas can be redeemed for a free song download from iTunes. Normally these songs cost $1. Since the soda cost anywhere between $1.25 and $1.33 at work, Michelle pointed out that I was actually spending more for a "chance" at a free song. But I told her that I'd drink the soda anyway, so it's a win-win situation for me. I've downloaded about 25 free songs by now, and I've kept track and actually won about a third of the time. I think I'm just a little bit better than 1 out of 3. So I decided to burn some tracks to a CD to share with people. I'm trying to find stuff that I wouldn't usually buy, but still like to listen to-you know, the weird sorta stuff that has one good track on a CD of 12 from a band whose only claim to fame is a soundtrack tune played during the credits, like Phoenix (not the city, the band.)

Soon I'm going to give some my friends a copy of CD. I'm going to target those who I think will appreciate it and actually listen to it more than once. Right now I have 10 tracks worth about 38 minutes of music. Once I get around 50 minutes, I'll rip off a few copies and ship them around.

I have to go to bed now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home