Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Unusually Calm

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Unusually Calm

What a weird day.

I should be nervous about my exam. I should be mad at AKCFR. These are things that ruin your day.

But, I've the pleasure of good news and bad news, so to speak.

Not Good #1
My exam is less than 16 hours from now. Historically, I usually spend 2 hours tossing and turning in bed before I fall asleep, then I end up waking up at 5 AM.

Good #1
Episose 3 opens tomorrow. I am going to see around 4. (That's less than 24 hours from now!)
I'm not even a Star Wars freak. Until this Christmas, when I got the original Trilogy as a gift from Michelle, I didn't even own any of the movies. This movie is going to be good. It's all light saber fighting, force choking, bad guys winning type of stuff.

Good #2
I found a way to spend some cash I had been saving for about 6 months: I bought 2 new guitars today. One almost completely on a whim, though I had read some good reviews about it. The other one was on my wish list since last year. Hopefully I'll get them both tomorrow.

Not Good #2
I figured I'd drive to the place my exam will be administered. Plus, on the way, I can deposit the cash I'd saved into the bank so I can pay the credit card bill when it comes in, and I could stop and get tickets for the movie tomorrow. I hopped into my car, AKCFR (Ass Kickin' Care Free Ride) to go. (The actual acronym I planned to use, Kaput Is This Trashcan, was already trademarked.) Then it decides to break ("Care Free" my ass, stupid car.) Some joint or something is broken under the front driver's side wheel well. It's actually pushing up against the tire. This is the perfect example of Murphy's Law-I just mailed the last payment in earlier this week!

In the end though, I'm not really nervous, angry, eager, or excited. The net effect is that today is just like any normal day?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

Good luck on your exam Mike!!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home