Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Drums on the way!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Drums on the way!

METAL!!

Soon my drumset will arrive. I am going to bang on it every day and every night.
ti-ki ta ti-ki ta, ta ta ta. trip-le-ti, trip-le-ti, trip-le-ti


So the other day I was walking across the vast expanse of my workplace parking lot and after about 10 minutes, I had caught up to a woman on her cell phone.
I happened to have my phone in my pocket (I usually just leave it in the car) so I pulled it out and began to respond to what she was saying as if we were talking to each other on the phone. It went something like this:

Woman: So, you're certain that John can make it?
Me: I've never been more sure of something in my life.
Woman: No, he has an appointment.
Me: Then why did you ask if he could make it?

At this point she glances at me and steps to the side a little, moving towards her car.

Woman: Yeah, she said she could take the kids.
Me: She better rent a minivan then since we have 5 of them.

She reaches into her purse and pulls out her keys. I continue to walk towards my car, but slow down a little.

Woman: I think this guy next to me is pretending to talk to me on the phone, he's responding to everything I say.
Me: He must be incredibly witty, clever and handsome.

At this point she cracks a smile, opens her door, and starts to get into her car.

Woman: Okay, I have to go now.
Me: Alright, bye now.

She shuts her door and I continue on towards my car. Moments later, she drives by me as I continue towards my car. She looks at me through the window and shakes her head. I wave.

I encourage you to try this some time. It's fun.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu typed so nicely:

I'd be arrested for sure!
Woman; there's this creepy dirty old hippy and he's pretending to talk to me on his hand, and he's leering and drooling...

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

Mike,
Please clean out your desk first thing in the morning as we are not interested in defending you against the harassment suit that was filed against you this afternoon

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

If a deaf man beats a drum does it make a sound ?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

My boss?
I thought you were on vacation. As you know, my desk is already clean, remember, I'm OCD. Besides, the woman I was referring to was Jim. You know, Stu, JR, etc.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

that's really funny... I'd be too worried about getting arrested to do that. or beat up by a women. that would suck.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home