Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Brewing, Boston, Blizzard, (note)Book

Monday, February 13, 2006

Brewing, Boston, Blizzard, (note)Book

I was going for the alliteration thing with the post title.

Anyway, I guess my last post was also Dave-esque in that it stayed the most recent for a longer than usual time. (If you read that again, you'll see that it actually makes no sense.) I checked, and on average, I post a new post every 5 days. The longest duration between posts was 15 days, which occured between my first and second posts. Only 4 other times has the number of days between posts been more than 9. This is one of those times, (one of three occasions when I went 11 days between posts. one time I went 14.) That's just like Dave's infrequent updates. Very Dave-esque.

To get back to Mike-esque, I figured I should post before too much time goes by.

Anyway, I'll start at the beginning.
Brewing.
On Thursday, last week, I got some more brewing supplies. I have a batch of ESB fermenting in the 2 gallon Mr. Beer keg, but I wanted to move up to a 5 gallon batch. Almost every recipe I've come across has been for 5 gallons: the priming sugar is sold in packages for 5 gallon batches; the extracts are sold in cans for 5 gallon batches; and so on. I got a 6 gallon fermenter bucket, a glass carboy (a water cooler jug, but glass, just like in the olden days), some siphoning tube, a racking cane, bottle filler, and airlocks. I already had a dedicated brew spoon and hydrometer.
A side note, I checked the gravity of the most recent fermenting 2 gallon batch and it was just about 1.020. Which means the yeast ate about 65% of the fermentable sugars in the keg, and the alcohol content is about 4.75% by volume. I'll check it again before I bottle it. One thing I noticed with this batch is that it actually tasted good to me. I hope bottling it doesn't spoil it.

Boston.
I spent Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon in Boston. I ate yummy food, had a few drinks, went to the musuem, and shopped a little, but mostly I just relaxed. It was nice, cold, but nice.

Blizzard.
We missed the craziness, which is atypcial of a storm in Connecticut. Usually, the northwest hills get the most snow, and the coast gets less. I work close (not really) to the Connecticut River valley, and people I work with are often surprised by how much more snow I have at my house versus the few inches we usually have at work, which is really only about 10 miles away. This time, there is like 20" at work while I only got around 11" or 12" at home. Only got 11" or 12". Yeah, only...

(note)Book.
I got my Sony Vaio today. Haven't used it too much yet, but hopefully in the near future, a post will be typed on my notebook. Also, I can bring it into the studio (basement) to record drums.

Bye.
Bye.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

Has anyone ever told you that you are weird? Oh yeah, I think I have once or twice.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home