Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Whooosh!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Whooosh!

What a weird winter we're wandering through with all the whipping wind. (Wow, that's a lot of w's.)

The wind blew so hard that it erased half of the template hmtl code for the blog. (In case you tried to visit during the last 3 hours or so.) I had to retype all the missing code. It looked a little like this:

 /sub process: ninja wails on guitar
IF
Song is metal
THEN
thrust hand into air with metal sign
ELSE
Kick ninja in balls

/end sub process


To do the typing, I used trained monkeys, who, of course, had to take time away from their efforts to finally finish up all the works of Shakespeare. (And man, they were so close...)

Plus, the wind knocked the power out at the place I get my haircut, so tonight, I'll be stuck hanging out with my in-laws (Yuck!)

This winter is freakin' crazy (ie. typical New England.) Just 36 hours ago it was around 9° with wind chills around -5°. Now it's rainy and already over 50°. First it's dry and cold, then it's wet and mild. I've had a cold now for two weeks. Also, I've had 4 bloody noses already. (But I learned that Neosporin smells like Maple and Brown Sugar Quaker™ instant oatmeal to me when I rub it on the inside of my nostrils.)

I also learned that our house makes all sorts of scary noises when it either really cold, or really windy.

Pretty soon, I'm going to wrap up the series of posts about the instruments I have. That got me thinking about what I have already and what I want to get in the future. I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but I think I only want 4 more guitars... A hollow-body electric, a Martin D28, and to build an acoustic and electric guitar myself. I realized that even though I have the metal guitar (which is still unnamed by the way), I mostly play the SG in standard tuning and Leroy in 1/2 step flat. The more I hear about them, the less I want a Strat. I need to get a new amp. I have no idea what I want though. Plus, I'd like to get a new electric bass and some good cymbals and good mics. I'll get that stuff over time though, but I should be saving up to buy that stuff instead of more guitars. (I can't believe I even just typed that!)

Pretty soon I'm going to get a laptop, so I can write stories more often. Then I'll share them with you.

Peace out homie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie typed so nicely:

Screw Shakespeare... the code has been threatened, I say they stay at it until all is well with the world.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

They actually don't stay at the typewriter too long before they start flinging poo around. It's a mess.

The code wasn't hard to fix, mostly because the monkeys I got were the smae monkeys that were shot into space, and the experience made them smarter.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Stupid Monkey didn't spell check when I was dictating to him!

(P.S. Help me, I'm a trapped monkey. Seriously)

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home