Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: The wild life in town is getting too close for comfort

Monday, July 10, 2006

The wild life in town is getting too close for comfort

There are all sorts of wild life that we've seen since we've moved to Homer Simpson, CT. In Shelbyville, we lived in a little condo, surrounded by asphalt and buildings. Now we are surrounded by trees, grasses, and wild animals, crikey. "Watch as I tea..." (I get the joke, if you do too, you are cool, maybe.)

So, last year, a bear came up and had a few brews with me. And then, throughout the spring, we had bunnies eatting our grass. This is a shot I got with our nightvision camera (that's why it's a little grainy) of a wild bunny eatting our grass.

This is a real picture in my yard, seriously

You can see the crazed look in it's eye. And check out how much grass he's eatten already!

Here's another bunny that I was able to get a picture of during the day.

Frozen with fear


Then a week ago, a cougar took a crap on my rock wall.

Now there is all sorts of little frogs climbing on my house. I think they are ninjas, but I'm not really sure. This is a really picture of a real life frog.

This frog knows karate

Then it hopped on my hand...

Kung fu Kermit?

It climbed up my arm...

I'm memerized by it's martial art skills

And it hopped up my back...

Hiiii-yaaaa!


Immediately after this picture was taken, the frog hopped on my head and bit my ear off. No wonder the bunnies aren't in our yard anymore...these crazy frogs ate them all. Now everyone at work calls me Vah Gogh, but now I can save money on earplugs when I play drums, since a standard pack will last twice as long.

We even have a snake living under a bush in the front of the house. One time I fed him some beer. He was slithering this way and that. He was all f&#ked up.

Michelle names all the creatures in our yard. The bunnies are named Marvin, Chiclettes, and Skittles. The cougar is named T.A.N.C.I.C (There Are No Cougars In Connecticut, according to the DEP.) The snake is named Squiggles, and every single frog is named Jubei.

I named the cow we had in our yard too. It was named steak tips. Yum!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home