Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: The Most Exciting Thing

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Most Exciting Thing

So, this weekend a very exciting thing happened to me...
I found out that I am 4th overall for net score in my golf league with 63 total strokes for 18 holes! That puts me in the money$$







Hmm...what else? Oh yeah, we moved into a house.
It's a basic colonial type house, so I was able to get a "blueprint" of the place.

Check it out:



I live here
That's pretty much how it looks, except we have 2.5 baths, not just 2, and the front room on the first floor is the dining room, not the kitchen.

So far, we haven't unpacked any broken things. There were so many boxes to move, and the friends and family that helped us moved said that we didn't even really have that much. Man, it's so nice to be back at work so I can finally get some sleep.

After living there for 4 days now, I can assess the work we have to do, because, as with any new home, there's always some things that have to be done to make it your home.
I've made a list of pros and cons:

CON: The barbershop style bathroom mirrors, not really our taste, are glued to the walls. It will be a pain in the you-know-what to take them down and avoid 7 years of bad luck.
PRO: A drum set in the basement.

CON: The berber carpet in the family room and dining room. Again, not really our taste. We want to put in hardwood on the floor in the dining room, and a softer, fluffier carpet in the family room.
PRO: A drum set in the basement

CON: The kitchen actually has less cupboard and counter space then the condo kitchen did. We'll have to get a baker's rack or rolling island to increase the cooking space.
PRO: A drum set in the basement

CON: So far, I've found 4 bees' nests in the yard, one right in by the front door. It's a mild pro as well though because it was exciting to spray them with Raid.
PRO: A drum set... you get the point.

CON: Ted Kaczynski
PRO: Tiger Woods


If you did help, thank you for helping us move in. If not, you're a big jerk. (Nah, I'm just kidding, you're a fine example of humankind. - Flexo.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

PRO: It's always fun to watch someone get stung.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

Where is my check for my moving services?
Love,
Nathan
P.S. If I don't get a check I may get severe back pains caused while being on your property and being forced to perform manual labor at gun point.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Your check is in the mail. Be patient.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ticharu typed so nicely:

Your new house sounds pretty awful. I suppose you've got running water. I've had a bath since last we spoke. Yer a lucky bastard... you should come up and help me dig a well. Only about 30 feet to go!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

CON: Watching myself get stung, since I was the one spraying the poison and pissing them off.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

The bees by the stairs are still alive. They are robotic or something.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

The half bath is the bottom half, so the water stays in fine. I just have to remember to duck when I go in there.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home