Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Merry Christmas

Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

Christmas is a tough holiday.

I guess all holidays are tough, but rooted in the Christian faith, this is arguably the second most important celebration, and it's supposed to be an incredibly joyous time. And it is, but it's still tough sometimes.

It's tough because all of the joy we share also reminds us of the things that cause us sorrow. We remember: that the LEGO advent calendar this year is not even 1/8 as fun as last year's; the Christmas tree falls over the night after it's set up; couches ordered for the holidays won't arrive until after the new year, orders are cancelled; loved ones are away from us--in the South, the Midwest, California, the desert, Heaven; we're getting older; things are too expensive; our jobs suck; someone tracked poo all over the carpet and then someone else stepped in it...

But I've found something that outweighes all of this: It's you. Not you, the you that stumbled upon this blog by accident, but you, the you that checks here to see what I'm always doing sometimes. You that lives in the South, or in the Midwest, or California, the desert, a few towns over, or even just a mile down the street. It's our relationships, our love, knowing we are here or there or wherever for each other, for help with the trim, or removing trees in the backyard, or a recipe, advice, fun times, Muppet games, or just a hug.

Thank you. Thank you all. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Famileeguy typed so nicely:

Christmas is all that you said. For some young guy you seem to be paying attention. (Don't worry, I won't let that get around).
Once I learned to listen, I realized that Tidings of Great Joy resound around us all the time. I feel so blessed by the people I know and love, and by the circumstances I am in that I actually feel physically overwhelmed sometimes. Every day each one of you guys (huge list) comes home safely from work, each new birth, each kid's smile, each sunset, each laugh shared, each game of scrabble won or lost, each Newcastle cap added to the pile, each time someone's test comes back O.K., golfing with friends, etc. , etc., etc., the list is endless, all Tidings of Great Joy, because if we don't recognize them as such , the tide of misery that seems always to catch the unwary, the unprepared or the unfortunate will catch us too.
Blessings
Too many to count
Thats how I see it
Even when I don't say it
Merry Christmas everybody

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

When I see you, can I have a hug? I guess I didn't do such a bad job after all. Love

2:07 PM  
Blogger Famileeguy typed so nicely:

O.K. but it has to be one of those man-hugs

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home