Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: The Ordeal

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Ordeal

The title of this post was supposed to be, "INSTRUMENTS: PART 2, Jason in Space"

Unfortunately, things didn't go as smoothly as possible, but I guess they could have been worse.

I recently purchased a new guitar. I'll post a picture when I get.

Actually, it arrived already, but I had to send it back. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's go back in time a little bit.

do do do do do do do (flashback music and sounds -- like chimes in wind or something)

I called a particularly helpful and reasonably priced merchant of fine musical instruments. I have purchased many things from them. I tried to haggle a little with no avail. The sales guy must have read the book, Secret Powers of Negotiating by Roger Dawson. I explained how I have spent lots of money on things I bought from them. He told me that the manufacturer sets the prices on guitars. He wouldn't even throw in a free guitar stand. What a jerk.


Anyway, 2 days later, the guitar arrives in all it's glory. Only: 1. It's packed loose within the merchants standard box, 2. It's damaged.

My thoughts were:
1. Does the guitar manufacturer send the guitars to the merchant in boxes? Why was this guitar loose?
2. The damage was a smashed bottom of the guitar. The paint was even missing. I found no paint chips in the box, so this guitar was packed after it was damaged. It was NOT damaged in transit. I wondered if they sent me a scratch and dent guitar.

I called them up, ready to chew them out. The woman on the other end of the line was 100% helpful. I didn't even get a chance to use my prepared line, "I know where you live. I hope you can sleep well tonight. Ha ha ha!"

They sent me a new guitar. I should get it today, plus they are paying to send the damaged guitar back. Also, I noticed on the UPS tracking page that the damaged guitar was shipped in a box weighing 5.60 pounds, while the replacement is coming in a box weighing 15.30 pounds. Which, I guess, means the replacement is not coming loose in the merchants box only, and that it will arrive inside a manufacturer's box too. I'm also going to guess they sent me a dent and scratch guitar the first time--hopefully by accident, because..."I know where they live. Ha ha ha!"

INSTRUMENTS: PART 2 The smell of Fear will be posted soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

You know I can't play one song from start to finish. It's goes against all I stand for.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home