Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Finally

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Finally

I was beginning to think I was bad luck. The Thrashers are 8-10-1 this season, which means they've won 8 of 19 games. Not very good. In the past, we'd have to wait until the Thrashers were on national TV, or played the Bruins or Rangers, to get a chance to watch them play on TV. Because they aren't a particularly popular or incredibly good team, they usually had 1 game on national TV. This year, we bought the hockey package from our cable company so we can see every Thrasher game that's televised. I missed a few games. Of the eight wins, until last night, I saw only 2 of them, and in both cases, I was busy doing other things as well, so I missed a lot of the games I "watched" anyway. For example, the first win I "watched", the Thrashers beat the Capitols 8-1. I missed all eight goals they scored. The second win I "watched" was a 5-0 shut out of the Penguins. I only saw two goals in that. Of course, though, any game I actually sat down to, and paid full attention to, they lost...including a 7-5 loss to Pittsburgh when the Thrashers lead 4-0 after 10 minutes, and a 7-3 loss to the Islanders when the Thrashers were down only 4-3 with like 12 minutes to play left in the game.

I was beginning to think that by watching the games, I was just slightly altering the flow of the universe, and this new flow was such so that the Thrashers could not win hockey games. But last night the flow of the universe changed in a good way. The Thrashers played against the Flyers in Philadelphia. They led 3-1 after the first period. After the second, it was 5-3 Flyers. Michelle kept saying that we should not watch the game, so the Thrashers might win, but I said, "No woman! Now go make me a pie!" She didn't, but it looked liek we were headed for more of the same-me watching the game, the Thrashers losing the game.

With under 3 minutes to go in the game, the Thrashers scored a goal. It was now 5-4. The Thrashers were on the power play. They pulled the goalie. With 7 seconds left, they tied the game! In overtime, the Thrashers scored and beat the team with the best record in the eastern conference! And I watched the entire thing! I was not bad luck, they Thrashers just aren't that good. Hopefully they get better.

Other news: I got the metal guitar in. It is sweet, but I had a hard time figuring out how to tune it without getting the floating bridge all out of whack. Soon I'll post "INSTRUMENTS PART 2: Batman Returns" and you can see a picture of it. Any suggestions for a name?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

For the bridge: adjust the screws in the trem-cavity. Spring tension vs. string tension, so if the guitar was set for standard you need to back the screws out a bit for 1/2 step down or D. If you switch to 10's and stay in standard you may need to pull the screws in...or maybe not.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

A good name would be Dumbledore.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Dumbledore would be a stupid, caca name. That is such a dumb idea.
Poopie on you.
Poop.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

I think I got the bridge pretty much level with the body, and it's in standard tuning. I'm not sure what gauge strings they have on there...changing strings will be a whole other ordeal when I get there. Now I remember why I like fixed bridges so much.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home