Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: 3 week wait for wool?

Friday, February 17, 2006

3 week wait for wool?

So, I bottled up my recent batch of beer. Three weeks from February 15, I'll crack open the first one.

I noticed that I needed more room and time than I had anticipated to bottle up the brew. I started around 8 PM or so, and finished up around 11:30. Next time, I'll plan accordingly. I spent over an hour santiziting things.

I quickly noticed that my beer is darker than any pale ale I'd seen before. It was darker than Bass ale and even New Castle, though not brown in color, more of an amber. The OG was 1.058 and the FG was 1.020. That gravity means the beer will have plenty of body and only about 4.75% alcohol by volume. I added about 1.65 oz. of priming sugar to the ~180 oz. batch, which should result in a little less carbonation than most ales. I was going for something around the carbonation of New Castle, maybe even a little less. Hopefully I didn't miss calculate so that I'll end up with bursting bottles.

This beer is bitter-very hopping, and it's very amber. I've decided to name it BAA! (Bitter Amber Ale) The label with show a drooling farmer chasing after a sheep. I know what you're thinking, you sicko! Stop. The sheep will be clearly holding a bottle of BAA! which is what the farmer is drooling about. The sheep stole it from the farmer when the farmer was porking another sheep.

In other news, I have some small additions planed for this site. I might change my mind before I do anything though. We'll see what happens.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Cocko Cola? I thought it was cookey cola?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Famileeguy typed so nicely:

Nice idea for the label Mike.
Hey that reminds me
Why do Scottish farmers wear kilts?

Because sheep can hear a zipper from 100yds away.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

What would happen if you soaked your dog in a bath with about 15oz of Cascade hops? Would he still smell the same?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Depending on the dog, it'd probably smell better. Michelle always smells better after a wash of Cascade Hops.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home