Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: I know a guy...

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I know a guy...

I definitely think I will be able to start something great before the summer is over. It's about ready to burst out.

The thing is, I kind of want to play guitar right now. I play along with itunes. Here's all the songs I can play along with:

True Alternative:
The Mars Volta - L'Via L'Viaquez (one day, I'll get Mario to translate this for me)
The Mars Volta - Cicatrix (Demo version)
The Mars Volta - Eria Tarka (not very well though)
At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor
At The Drive In - Napoleon Solo

Funk/Smooth R&B
Jamiroquai - Love Foolosophy
Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl
N.E.R.D. - Things are getting better
N.E.R.D. - LapDance (very boring to play)
James Brown - Get up/I feel like a sex machine (also very boring to play)
Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music

Rockesque:
The Toadies - Possum Kingdom
The Cars - Just What I Needed
Jeff Buckley - Everybody Here Wants
Soundgarden - Fell on Black Days
The Cardigans - For What It's Worth
Nirvana - School

There are other songs I could, and would, play if they were in standard tuning. Maybe I'll drop Leroy down to 1/2 step flat concert pitch so I play along with Alice in Chains or Guns 'N Roses. Plus I will add some Beatles to the above list since they play in standard tuning most of the time too.

And, the Guild is still unnamed. By now any other guitar would have a name. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

But I just totally went off on a tangent-

I know a guy I made up. He has lived an interesting life and I want to share his story with you. I have started writing it down. Hopefully in the next couple of months I'll have enough to start sharing. The ideas are right on the tip of my imagination. But I didn't play guitar yesterday at all.

Woe is me. Stupid brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home