Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Darth Vader's Emotions

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Darth Vader's Emotions

I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago. Basically, a guy from Canada, (I think), wanted to generate more traffic to his website during the weeks leading up to the release of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. He created a blog in the form of a diary of Darth Vader, in the time frame of the original trilogy.

There are two initial reactions one might have:
1) Star Wars fans will consider this degrading to the character of Darth Vader.
2) Non-fans will just find it stupid.

But the opposite is actually true. This guy is a terrific writer and he gets into the head of Vader without weakening his character or making him appear "cheesy." The diary adds to the story somewhat in that it deals with the complex emotions Darth Vader might be experiencing due to the new knowledge of his son, and his son's blind faith in the good that may or may not still exist in a man once called Anakin Skywalker. Even if you're not really a fan, it's hard to not appreciate the style of the author and his ability to share emotions so well from a character who seems emotionless.

I suggest starting at the beginning, reading the
HTML or PDF version choronologically. The blog ran from April 11, 2005 to May 18, 2005, and was updated more or less daily.

It has inspired me to start working on a project I had conceived a few months ago. Maybe by mid-summer, I can begin sharing that with you. (It's not musical.)


A Star Wars note: In a month or two, Star Wars will die down a little and I promise I won't talk about it too much anymore.

COMING TOMORROW: My new guitar arrived today, but, because of a busy schedule today, I won't be able to play until later tonight.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

my bad, i'm behind the times...

8:29 AM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Yes, you are. And you smell bad too

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home