Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Full House

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Full House

So, this passed weekend, we had nearly sixty people at our new lakeside cottage. My official count is 57. I never would have allowed my wife to invite that many people, had I known, but she cleverly deceived me into thinking there would be only 25-30 people. Actually, it was difficult for me to tell how many people were there since I was busy cooking, and picking up things, showing people around, playing drums, etc.

All in all, it was a fun day...so I've heard. I finally got a chance to sit down and visit with guests at around 6:00 PM. By then, all the people I would have wanted to chat with had left. Only my parents, my wife, and her parents were left. Yuck! Nah... I'm just kidding--there were other people left too. And I don't mind the company of the older (they must be like 35!) folks either.

I knew there was wiffle ball in the front yard, a mad game of bocce ball passed by the grill a few times, and a little ping pong too. When it was dark, we had a small fire, and sacrificed a neighborhood cat to bless the house. Plus, some people gave us presents, which (no exaggeration) are very cool. We're going to use the presents to start our next camp fire!

Prior to the party, we wanted to spruce up the joint a little. I changed all the outlets and switches on the first floor, (except for the bathroom-which I forgot), and replaced the kitchen light and the kitchen hallway light. I only got shocked once. But I had a hard time with one GFI outlet, so I temporarily put in a regular outlet after chain swearing failed to get the GFI outlet to work.
Plus, we painted the entire downstairs except for the living room and the bathroom. So that means we've painted the grand ballroom, the library, the study, the den, the dining hall, the private dining room, the pool room, the kitchen, the walk in pantry, the family room, the theatre, and the mud room. Prior to that, every room in the entire house was white. Not that I dislike white, but a little too much was just plain blah.

Now we need to paint the upstairs, which means painting all 7 bedrooms, all 4 bathrooms, and the hallway, and upstairs observatory. This time I'll try to remember to turn the power off before changing any outlets.

P.S. We actually sacrificed a small child, but I knew people would get all offended by that, so I lied and typed that we sacrificed a cat instead. Please don't read these sentences if this kind of thing offends you. Thanks. And don't forget to donate to the red cross if you can.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

it was a good party. Good food and company. It would have been nice though if the house was finished. I hate walking into a house and seeing the trim not done. Not to mention the rish I felt being by the sink without the GFI outlet. I am not sure if I will every go back until the outlet is fixed.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home