Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Office Shenanigans II

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Office Shenanigans II

I've been waiting to use this one for a long time. But I knew I needed to be careful and use it when I felt that my life wouldn't be in danger...

So, today I get into the elevator to ride up to the 57th floor of Megalo*Life, where I work. Just as the door starts to close, a man sticks his arm in doorway and the doors jar open. He gets in and presses the button for the second floor-what a lazy bum. So then he hits the close door button because he is an impatience jerkface money nuts. But...before the door can close, a lady gets in. She notices the elevator is scheduled to stop on my floor and the second floor and she doesn't push any buttons. We ride up to the second floor and Mr. LazyPants gets off. The lady and I remain. We ride up to the top floor in silence.

When we get to our floor, the doors open and she moves forward but hestiates and looks at me. I extend my arm and say, "Oh please, age before beauty." She wasn't really old, but she was clearly older than me. To this she stares at me, eyes wide open. I say, "What? Did you think I was going to say, 'Ladies first'?" Her face turns red in an embarrassed smile and she shakes her head and walks away. A little way down the hall, the hallway parts and she and I head in different directions. I depart, saying to her, "Have nice day, Ma'am."

Here are some other ways I keep myself amused at work:
Click here or here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

Very Funny Michael!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home