Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: They're alive!!!!

Monday, October 30, 2006

They're alive!!!!

I thought with halloweiner fast approaching, I'd do something scary...so here's a picture of my balls....!!!


You are sick for highlighting this area hoping to see a picture of my balls




Nahh... I'm just kidding with you.

You know, I like music. I like it a lot. In fact, listening to music (and most likely, playing it too) is something I do every day. The only other things I do each day are eat, breathe and shit. (Oh shit!, this blog is not PG anymore...)

So. I was thinking about bands I'd never want to see live (that's what I was always doing sometimes, especially at work) and I realized that of all my favorite bands, only two of them I'd actually enjoy seeing live: Minus the Bear, and Jimmie's Chicken Shack.

Now, you know (since you care immensely about me and what I find awesome, (why else would you visit this blog instead of going outside to play or kissing your wife(or domestic partner, you homo))) [triple parnethesises outside of mathematics!?, how unorthodox...now the sentence that last left off with "Now, you know..." begins again] that I like crazy (also commonly known to few as creative, talented and ass-kicking) bands like Bjork, Radiohead, The Sound of Animals Fighting, The Fall of Troy, and The Mars Volta, but those three bands are three bands I think I would pee pee or poo poo in my pants at. That's what's really scary: Bjork running around stage with a penguin on as she sings Where is the Line? and Mike Patton beat-boxes away ("What is it?!") They are totally nuts and make 3 minute songs into 45 minute songs. This is usually only cool from their perspective.

The bands I most enjoy live are actually bluegrass and no name jazz bands, and for one simple reason: they actually are good musicians. One time, I was wandering around Boston with my subordinate Michelle, and we happened upon some really great jazz. We listened all night, along with a few martinis. It was great. And who can rule out an awesome show in a barn on the property of the doctor who delivered you from evil (ha ha! I get it) where the bluegrass flows like wine and you can trip the mandolin player if you really wanted to.

Yeah. Music is listenable. I'd give it a shot if I were you and you've missed out so far.

Now stop reading this and go outside...one day you'll die and realize you didn't get enough sun.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

...They are totally nuts and make 3 minute songs into 45 minute songs. This is usually only cool from their perspective...

That's 45 minutes the listener can never have for themselves ever again.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Exactly. You and I know both knowing that playing songs for like 45 minutes is awesome, and I can see why bands like to do it, but a 40 minute version of Heard it Through the Grapevine makes me want to poke my eyes out...

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home