Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Making stupid things funny

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Making stupid things funny

Sometimes things are so stupid they are funny. Like Kung Pow! Enter the Fist, or Tenacious D. Other times things so stupid, they are just stupid. Like Garfield. The guy that writes Garfield is so stupid that if it weren't for something else that I'm going to tell you about, I'd be seriously pissed off that I've wasted any time even knowing that Garfield exists. It's just so stupid. Not funny. Never.

Sometimes I wonder if it's all really only funny to Jim Davis, but not funny because of the content--funny because he actually gets millions to write such a stupid comic. Maybe it's a joke he's playing on the world. That's the funny part to him. He probably laughs every time he writes saying, "Ha! Some bozo's going to cut this out of the paper and put it on their fridge. Loser."

Fortunately, I stumbled upon, Garfield minus Garfield. Great stuff; not only it is unintendedly humorous, but it's funnier than the original comic, further reiterating how crappy the original strip is.

Here are some great strips I saw while looking through the website:
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8

PS. These Garfield minus Garfield are also stupid, but so stupid it's sort of funny. Maybe it's a relative thing. Man, I hate Garfield.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Balloonknot typed so nicely:

How about "What I'm always doing sometimes" without Mike? Now that would make something stupid funnier!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

It sure would.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home