Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: I got a new Zildjian K Constantinople crash cymbal for Christmas!!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

I got a new Zildjian K Constantinople crash cymbal for Christmas!!

So, when I came downstairs on Christmas morning, I noticed Santa brought me all sorts of things. He must have received my letter, because I got the crash cymbal I wanted! Sweet.

There was a buttload of presents under the tree:

WTF!? A baby giraffe?

You can almost see the cymbal wrapped up behind the baby.

Oh yeah, that's another thing. We got a baby boy for Christmas too. His name is Logan. I put him down by the road with the recycleables, but they didn't take him. Michelle called to complain and they said (this is an honest to goodness statement Paines said to her): "We will only take 1 knee high pile of cardboard per week."

What does that have to do with the baby?

Anyway, we decided to keep him around for a while to see how things go. Actually, I think we have to keep him. I guess the hospital has a 30 day trial period where they'll take him back no questions asked as long as we have the receipt. Well, guess who "lost" the receipt? Yup, that's right, Michelle did.

So anyway, Logan and I have been hanging out a little and I realized that he is actually pretty cool. He loves boobs, and he was saying how he thinks it's great that one day his Uncle Dave will get married in Massachusetts. Also, I've been teaching him how to play guitar. He's pretty good for a 9 day old.

Purple Haze, all in my diapers

He's showing off and playing with his eyes closed. (And only one hand: The guitar to tuned to open C.)

Yeah, he's not such a bad gift to get for Christmas. One day soon I'll have him mowing the lawn and raking leaves. That's going to be sweet, and by sweet, I mean totally awesome.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year. I might actually make it to midnight...maybe.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

The only problem with being a grandma is having to live with gran-paw. Actually it's not that bad.

I won't fill him up with sugar either! But I will give him lots of love and teach him to do raspberries when YOU are feeding him. Ha

5:30 PM  
Blogger Spellbound typed so nicely:

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year. Little Logan is very cute. Are you stocked up on brew for a while to hold you over?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Famileeguy typed so nicely:

The trash guys didn't take him because you have to put him out on the last Friday of an odd numbered month in order to coincide with hazardous waste collection day (this is because they assume you will leave him out with a loaded diaper.)
Speaking of loaded diapers I noticed that Logan does not wash his hands after going potty. You should work on that with him.

One other thing, now I know why Logan wanted to borrow my credit card. He bought one of those Esteban guitars on late night TV.

Did you name him Logan because of the x-men?

The things I'm gonna teach this kid.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

What the heck is a gran-paw thing?
Sounds nasty.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

who's going to baby-sit for this show -off
guitar player-dude
he'll just make her faint.
does he have the same powers as jack-jack ?

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Dave, It doesn't matter if you can spell Massachusetts, as long as you can spell, "To Bruce, my love"

9:56 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Oops, Sorry Dave, I meant Glenn, not Bruce.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

I hate to tell you guys but I can't stand Dave. You sound kind of cute, though, Mike

10:22 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

Glenn,
I am cute. Just look at my photo.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home