Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Bang bang, thump bang, crash

Friday, March 10, 2006

Bang bang, thump bang, crash

'Sup Bitch?

So I ordered new cymbals. That's all I'm going to type about, so if you don't care about cymbals,
get lost.

Right now, they are somewhere between Shawnee, Kansas and Norfolk, Connecticut. I should get them on Monday. Then you better watch out, cause I'm going to play a sick double-bass fill with the new splash that will make glass shatter and the fillings explode out of your teeth.

I got all Zildjian cymbals, mostly because they are good, and there is a plethora of info about them available.

From biggest to smallest:
20" K custom dry ride
16" A custom crash
14" A custom crash
13" A series quick beat hi-hats
10" K custom dark splash

By accident I ordered Z custom crash cymbals. Z custom cymbals are heavy and loud, great for metal and heavy rock. Since I play in my basement, I don't need gong-sounding finishes on my cymbals. The A custom cymbals are more shimmering and more versatile. I'm going to return the Z custom cymbals and get A customs, so I didn't bother typing about the Z custom cymbals above.

bye.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

Nice...but why did you go with 13" hats?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

They are the same cymbals the drummer from The Mars Volta uses. Plus, they'll be a little higher pitched, so 'chicks' and closed hits should sound more pronouced.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Mike typed so nicely:

EDIT: I'm not sure if anything about the size makes a difference I can notice wiht my naked ears (i.e. not on tape.) They actaully are quicker than the Sabian's I had, but as for the sound, I have no idea how they might be different than the 14" quick beat cymbals. I like them though.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home