Tacos Rule --> What I'm always doing sometimes: Office Shenanigans III

Friday, March 17, 2006

Office Shenanigans III

So there's this dude here who feels he needs to listen to his voice-mail on speaker phone. The more I get to know him, the more Dilbert-esque he becomes.

Anyway, rather than be polite and ask why he's such an inconsiderate idiot, I figured the best learning is through experience.

At lunch, I went to my car, got my cell phone and called his line when I knew he wasn't at his desk. I left him a message with just one word, "penis," which I repeatedly yelled as loud as I could for about 30 seconds. Since the phone network here at Meglo*Life works through a switchboard, it would be impossible for him to know who the call was from, other than that it was "an outside caller."

After lunch, he noticed his voice-mail light was on, so he hit the speaker phone button, and dialed up his voice-mail account. Sure enough, once he "hit the 1 key to hear new messages" the people in the surrounding cubicles got treated to a barrage of "penis" as loud as the phone could go, until he quickly picked up the receiver, thus turning off the speaker phone.

I want to call him again next week to see if he'll still listen to voice-mail on speaker phone.

More fun here, here, or here.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous typed so nicely:

That might have made him stop. I can't believe that he would do and risk someone telling him something extremely personal.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home